Portions : 16
Serving Size : 1/16 cake
Carbohydrate Choices : 3-1/2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis , Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 fruit, low potassium , 1 starch, 3 fat, 1-1/2 high calorie
6 medium apples
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2-1/3 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose white flour
1 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Spray tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Peel, core and cut apples into slices or chunks.
4. Combine cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix in apple and set aside.
5. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Layer half the cake batter, then the apple, then remaining cake batter in prepared tube pan.
7. Bake for 75 minutes until golden brown or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Calories 368g||Protein 4g|
|Carbohydrates 52g||Fat 16g|
|Cholesterol 53mg||Sodium 110mg|
|Potassium 99mg||Phosphorus 72mg|
|Calcium 67mg||Fiber 1.5g|
1 medium apple yields approximately 1 cup peeled and cored.
Cake batter will be thick. Spread with a spatula to coat apples with top layer of batter..
This high calorie dessert is a great choice for packing in extra calories. Not recommended for people with diabetes due to the high carbohydrate content.