Portions : 6
Serving Size : 2 rolls
Carbohydrate Choices : 2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1-1/2 meat, 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
2 cups Napa cabbage
1/2 cup carrots
1/4 cup green onions
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ginger root
1-1/2 cups raw shrimp
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
3 tablespoons water
12 egg roll wrappers 7" square
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Set egg roll whappers out to thaw if frozen.
2. Finely shred cabbage and shred carrots. Thinly slice onions and chop cilantro. Grate ginger root.
3. Clean and finely chop shrimp.
4. Add cabbage, carrots, shrimp and green onions to a preheated non-stick skillet.
5. Cook over medium heat until shrimp are pink and veggies are translucent and soft, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes).
6. Add cilantro, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger and red chili flakes.
7. Mix well, so spices are evenly distributed.
8. Cook 2 more minutes, and then remove from heat, draining off excess liquid.
9. While veggie shrimp mix is cooling, spray a baking sheet with canola oil and set aside.
10. Arrange spring roll wrappers on a cutting board (or other clean surface) and fill as follows: Place one heaping tablespoon of cooked mixture in each, diagonally, about one third from top of wrapper, and not directly in center. Fold two opposite edges of wrapper over the filling, and roll in the shorter side first, and then the longer side, until roll is complete.
11. Dip a finger into the water and rub along edge of completed roll to close, and place folded edge side down on baking sheet.
12. Spray each filled spring roll with canola oil spray.
13. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes. Rolls should be lightly browned and crispy.
|Calories 208g||Protein 16g|
|Carbohydrates 30g||Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 91mg||Sodium 292mg|
|Potassium 255mg||Phosphorus 166mg|
|Calcium 65mg||Fiber 1.5g|
12 ounces of raw shrimp yields about 1-1/2 cups when chopped.
Instead of egg roll wrappers substitite spring roll wrappers (also known as rice paper or spring roll skins). The carbohydrate, sodium and phosphorus content are lower.
If hoisen sauce is unavailable substitute low sodium soy sauce or plum sauce.
Serve with low-sodium sweet and sour sauce if desired.