- On June 2, 2015 /
- By davita /
- In Treatment Options
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice or diagnosis from a physician.
Talk to your nephrologist to find out if you are a candidate for home dialysis. Guidelines for your discussion:
- Talk to your nephrologist about your condition, access, risks and more
- Understand that Home Hemodialysis is different from other modalities and offers many more advantages
- Be open and honest about what is important to you – talk to your family members
- If you want to continue working, avoid transportation hassles, or stay away from needles, tell your doctor.
Understanding the procedure of setting up a Home Hemodialysis unit and prepping yourself
- Understand the costs – and inclusions: HHD by DaVita includes monthly lab panel tests, EPO injections and more in the price of HD
- Get a prescription from your nephrologist advising HHD
- Get site audit and biochemical monitoring of the water sources done by Davita team
- Installation of Home Hemodialysis unit and testing
- Understand emergency procedures and keep them handy – update your family on the same
Call our call center to start your home hemodialysis 080 – 6000 6200 or Jean at 09740052266