Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1/2 cup
Carbohydrate Choices : 1/2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1 vegetable, medium potassium, 1 fat
1. Separate cauliflower into florets. Finely shred ginger root and mince garlic clove.
2. Steam cauliflower in microwave for 12 minutes on medium setting, until soft but not mushy.
3. Combine ginger root, garlic, spices and rice flour. Coat cauliflower uniformly.
4. Heat oil. Deep fry coated cauliflower florets in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve hot.
|Calories 77g||Protein 2g|
|Carbohydrates 6g||Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||Sodium 23mg|
|Potassium 225mg||Phosphorus 36mg|
|Calcium 20mg||Fiber 1.9g|
Adjust chili powder for more or less heat.
1 medium head cauliflower
1 one-inch ginger root cube
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoons rice flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 cups canola oil