Portions : 10
Serving Size : 3 meatballs
Carbohydrate Choices : 0
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1-1/2 meat, 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
1 pound ground chicken
1 large egg
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces pizza sauce
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and spices in a bowl.
3. Shape into 30 small meatballs, about the size of a ping-pong ball; place meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Spread thin layer of pizza sauce in bottom of glass baking dish. Place meatballs in glass baking dish. Pour remaining pizza sauce on top of meatballs then add shredded mozzarella.
6. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
|Calories 114g||Protein 11g|
|Carbohydrates 4g||Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 64mg||Sodium 223mg|
|Potassium 350mg||Phosphorus 132mg|
|Calcium 59mg||Fiber 0.5g|
Ground turkey or ground beef or ground pork can be substituted for ground chicken.
Serve as an appetizer or as a main dish with pasta of choice.
Make tasty meatball sandwiches using Italian or French roll or rustic white bread.
The cheese in this recipe provides less than 1 tablespoon per serving.
Pizza sauce provides 1-2/3 tablespoons per serving. Compare brands and select the lowest sodium product.