- CKD Non - Dialysis
Portions : 30
Serving Size : 1 tablespoon.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2/3 of a green chili
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash cilantro and green chili.
- oughly chop onion, garlic, cilantro and chili.
- Grind in a blender along with salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Serve with idli, on a veggie sandwich or with other snacks.
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices
- Instead of 1 bunch of cilantro, use 2/3 of a bunch cilantro and 1/3 of a bunch of mint for a sweet flavor.
- One bunch of cilantro is approximately 2 cups.
- Adjust chili for desired heat.
- Decrease serving size to a teaspoon if used with a snack or 1 tablespoon if used as a sandwich spread.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 4
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 37 mg
- Potassium 21 mg
- Phosphorus 4 mg
- Calcium 4 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g