Portions : 8
Serving Size : 4 balls
Carbohydrate Choices : 2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium, 2 fat
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the cheese and thawed corn.
2. Soak bread slices in water and squeeze out water so the bread becomes dry. Add this to corn and cheese mixture. Add flour, dry spices and cilantro. Mix it gently.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Using a tablespoon, form small balls from the corn and cheese mixture and drop each ball into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown.
4. Remove balls from the oil and place on a tray with kitchen napkin to drain excess oil.
5. Serve hot with Cilantro Chutney.
|Calories 253g||Protein 7|
|Carbohydrates 27g||Fat 13g|
|Cholesterol 3mg||Sodium 287mg|
|Potassium 169mg||Phosphorus 86mg|
|Calcium 46mg||Fiber 2.3g|
Paneer is an unaged cheese made by curdling milk with lemon juice or other acid food. Substitutions include dry curd cottage cheese, farmer's cheese, queso blanco or queso fresco. Portion is limited since this dairy product contains phosphorus.
1/2 cup cottage cheese or paneer cheese, crumbled
2 cups frozen yellow corn, thawed
4 white bread slices
1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon cilantro powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups vegetable oil for frying