Portions : 4
Serving Size : 3 idlis
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 milk, 1 starch, 2 fat
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 cup semolina (rava)
1/4 cup yogurt
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup corn, grated
1/4 cup paneer
1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped.
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves to garnish
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and add mustard seeds. When the seeds splutter, add rava, chilies and salt. Roast until the rava grows slightly brown.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Mix yogurt with water and blend until smooth.
4. Add corn, paneer, coriander and yogurt to the cooled rava mixture. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Grease on idli mold with ghee (clarified butter) and spoon small portions of batter into mold. Steam and cook idlis for 10 minutes. Remove from the mold.
6. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander and serve with Coriander Chutney.
|Calories 175g||Protein 5g|
|Carbohydrates 14g||Fat 11g|
|Cholesterol 4mg||Sodium 214mg|
|Potassium 140mg||Phosphorus 89mg|
|Calcium 69mg||Fiber 0.8g|
Use batter immediately for best results.
Substitute cottage cheese if paneer is unavailable.