Curry Sauce with Meat
- CKD Non - Dialysis
Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1 - 1/2 cups.
- 3 tablespoons all - purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 32 ounces low - sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 - 1/2 pounds seafood, chicken or beef
- Combine flour, garlic, ginger, curry powder and vegetable oil in a non-stick, deep skillet (at least 4 quarts) over a medium heat.
- Stir until curry becomes paste - like.
- Slowly add broth, and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Add vegetables, apple and white pepper.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes, or until well blended.
- Bring sauce to a boil and add seafood, chicken or beef.
- NOTE : If using raw beef, brown it before adding to curry in step 6, otherwise just add your protein option to curry directly, as in step 6.
- Simmer curry for 1 - 1/2 hours over a low heat, stirring regularly and serve.
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium.
- This sauce is good served with rice or pasta. It can also be used with leftover meat, fish or poultry.
- Using nondairy creamer lowers the potassium and phosphorus content as compared to milk.