Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1/2 - cup
Carbohydrate Choices : 2 - 1/2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1-1/2 meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, medium potassium, 1 fat
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
1 cup fresh carrots
1 cup yellow onion
1 cup extra firm tofu
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup green onions
6 large eggs
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup green peas
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
4 cups rice, cooked
1. Mince garlic and ginger root. Slice carrots. Dice yellow onion and tofu. Chop cilantro and green onions.
2. Beat eggs then sauté in a skillet like an omelet. Chop cooked eggs into pieces and set aside.
3. Heat oil in skillet over moderate heat. Stir in garlic, ginger, carrots, yellow onion, tofu, peas, and dry mustard.
4. When carrots are softened, add rice, chopped eggs and soy sauce. Mix, and turn off heat.
5. Stir in cilantro and green onions.
|Calories 343g||Protein 15g|
|Carbohydrates 37g||Fat 15g|
|Cholesterol 212mg||Sodium 238mg|
|Potassium 350mg||Phosphorus 230mg|
|Calcium 83mg||Fiber 3.2g|
Basmati rice has a better glycemic profile than other types of white rice. It is also lower in phosphorus than brown rice.
To reduce cholesterol you can use 1-1/2 cups low-cholesterol egg substitute to replace the 6 eggs.