Portions : 1
Serving Size : 1 bowl
Carbohydrate Choices : 0
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1-1/2 meat, 2 fat, 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
1 slice bread
1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup
1. Spread butter over bread or English muffin. Cut into cubes.
2. Place buttered bread cubes in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Pour egg whites over bread to cover.
4. Sprinkle syrup on top.
5. Microwave for 1 minute; push up edges of egg white to let uncooked egg out to edges.
6. Microwave another minute or until egg is set..
|Calories 200g||Protein 15g|
|Carbohydrates 24g||Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 11mg||Sodium 415mg|
|Potassium 235mg||Phosphorus 54mg|
|Calcium 50mg||Fiber 0.7g|
Serve warm as French toast or chill and eat as bread pudding.
Egg whites provide excellent quality protein with minimal phosphorus or fat.
If desired substitute 2 whole eggs, beaten for 1/2-cup egg white. This change will increase nutrients to 288 calories, 15 g fat, 434 mg cholesterol and 226 mg phosphorus; sodium is reduced to 353 mg.
If desired, substitute natural maple syrup or cinnamon sugar for lite or sugar-free syrup.
This recipe works well with an English muffin half instead of a slice of bread.