Portions : 4
Serving Size : 1/2 ear of corn
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, low potassium, 1 fat
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 half-ear size frozen corn on the cob
1. Mix the oil, cheese, thyme and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the corn in the oil mixture and roll to thoroughly coat corn.
3. Place all four pieces of the corn in the center of a heavy duty aluminum foil sheet. Pour any oil left in the bowl over the corn. Top the corn with 2 ice cubes.
4. Double fold the top and ends of the foil to make a packet, leaving room for heat to circulate.
5. Place the foil packet on the grill over medium heat and cook 20 minutes, turning once during cooking.
|Calories 125g||Protein 2g|
|Carbohydrates 15g||Fat 8g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||Sodium 26mg|
|Potassium 188mg||Phosphorus 63mg|
|Calcium 15mg||Fiber 1.8g|
Compared to most vegetables, corn is higher in phosphorus. A 1/2 ear portion is acceptable for a low phosphorus kidney diet.
Use fresh corn instead of frozen when in season.