Indian Chicken Curry
- CKD Non - Dialysis
Portions : 6
Serving Size : 2 small drumsticks.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 - inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 2 raw onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - inch cube fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 - 1/2 pounds small chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat oil in a large, wide pot over a medium-high flame. When hot, put in the cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaves and peppercorns. Stir once.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Stir this mixture until the onion picks up brown specks.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot tightly, turn heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir a few times during this cooking period.
- Remove cover and turn up the heat to medium. Sprinkle in the garam masala and cook, stirring gently for about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid.
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices
- 2 - 1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
- The whole spices in this dish should be eaten.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 269
- Protein 21 g
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Fat 18 g
- Cholesterol 67 mg
- Sodium 350 mg
- Potassium 286 mg
- Phosphorus 139 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g