- CKD Non - Dialysis
Portions : 12
Serving Size : 2 tablespoons.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups mango, cut up
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a medium skillet heat oil and sauté onion until soft. Add ginger and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mango, sugar, vinegar, raisins, cranberries, pepper flakes and allspice.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking and stirring 10 to 15 minutes until fruit is soft and mixture is thickened.
- Refrigerate to chill. Serve with fish, poultry or meat.
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- Use frozen mango when fresh is not in season.
- Adjust chili flakes to your preference.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 66
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 4 mg
- Potassium 110 mg
- Phosphorus 11 mg
- Calcium 12 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g