Mango Ginger Mahi Mahi
- CKD Non - Dialysis
Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1 fish fillet.
- 1/2 cup sweet Mango Chutney (see recipe DaVita.com)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- six 4 - ounce Mahi Mahi fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
- Mix together first seven ingredients to make marinade.
- Wash fish fillets and pat dry on paper towel.
- In a shallow glass pan place fish fillets with skin side down. Pour the marinade over fish, covering all around the fillets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the canola oil and place marinated fish fillets skin side down. Cook over medium heat for 4 - 6 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan cook the left over marinade to a glaze consistency. Pour over the cooked fish before serving.
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- Adjust fish portion for a lower or higher protein diet.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 221
- Protein 21 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Sodium 298 mg
- Potassium 547 mg
- Phosphorus 175 mg
- Calcium 27 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g