Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1 fish fillet
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 3 meat, 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
1/2 cup sweet Mango Chutney
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 pounds mahi mahi fillets
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Mince ginger root and garlic.
2. Mix together first seven ingredients to make marinade.
3. Wash fish fillets and pat dry on paper towel.
4. In a shallow glass pan place fish fillets with skin side down. Pour the marinade over fish, covering all around the fillets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. In a large skillet heat the canola oil and place marinated fish fillets skin side down. Cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning only once.
6. Transfer fish to a serving plate.
7. In a small saucepan cook the left over marinade to a glaze consistency. Pour over the cooked fish before serving.
|Calories 221g||Protein 21g|
|Carbohydrates 9g||Fat 10g|
|Cholesterol 67g||Sodium 350mg|
|Potassium 286mg||Phosphorus 139mg|
|Calcium 28mg||Fiber 1.5g|
Adjust fish portion for a lower or higher protein diet.