Portions : 2
Serving Size : 1/2 omelet
Carbohydrate Choices : 0
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1-1/2 meat, 2 fat, 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
1/2 cup raw mushroom pieces
2 tablespoons onion
1/4 cup canned sweet red peppers
2 teaspoons butter
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Dice mushrooms, onion and red peppers.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté 5 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in diced red pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon butter or margarine in the skillet. Beat eggs, add Worcestershire sauce and cook over medium heat.
4. When eggs are partially cooked, top with vegetable mixture. Place dollops of whipped cream cheese over vegetables. Continue cooking until eggs are set.
5. Remove from heat and fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with pepper. Divide into two portions and serve.
|Calories 199g||Protein 11g|
|Carbohydrates 4g||Fat 15g|
|Cholesterol 341mg||Sodium 276mg|
|Potassium 228mg||Phosphorus 167mg|
|Calcium 55mg||Fiber 0.6g|
Sautéed onion will appear transparent but not brown when cooked.
Compare sodium content on bottled or canned red peppers.
Cook the omelet evenly by shaking the pan and gently lifting edges to allow uncooked egg to run underneath cooked egg.
Reduce fat and cholesterol by using nonstick cooking spray or a nonstick skillet, trans-fat free margarine instead of butter and liquid low cholesterol egg substitute instead of whole eggs.