Portions : 20
Serving Size : 1/20 of cake
Carbohydrate Choices : 3
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis , Dialysis
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 starch , 1/2 fruit, low potassium , 1-1/2 high calorie, 1 fat
2 cups all-purpose white flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
20 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, soda and eggs.
3. Drain juice or syrup from pineapple into above mixture, stirring to combine. Beat to mix; batter will be thick.
4. Fold in pineapple, mixing well.
5. Pour into a greased and floured 13” x 9” x 2” cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched.
6. To make frosting, beat together butter and cream cheese.
7. Gradually stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
8. Spread frosting over cake as soon as it is removed from oven, while still hot.
|Calories 247g||Protein 2g|
|Carbohydrates 44g||Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 40mg||Sodium 172mg|
|Potassium 66mg||Phosphorus 33mg|
|Calcium 16mg||Fiber 0.4g|
For a lighter dessert serve cake without the icing—it still tastes great.
This cake is a great source of calories if you need to gain weight.