Portions : 4
Serving Size : 1/2 cup
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis , Dialysis , Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 fruit, low potassium
20 ounces canned pineapple chunks
1-1/2 tablespoon frozen limeade concentrate
1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Open the can of pineapple and drain.
2. Place pineapple chunks on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze.
3. When chunks are frozen, place in food processor or blender.
4. Add limeade and lime juice. Process until well blended and fluffy in texture.
5. Serve immediately or freeze in 1/2-cup servings.
|Calories 64g||Protein 0g|
|Carbohydrates 16g||Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||Sodium 9mg|
|Potassium 104mg||Phosphorus 8mg|
|Calcium 1mg||Fiber 0.1g|
Protein powder can be added for a more nutritious snack/dessert. Mix it into the lime juice before adding to the processed pineapple.
Substitute 16 ounces frozen pineapple for canned pineapple and skip steps 1 and 2.