Portions : 24
Serving Size : 1 samosa
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat
3 tablespoons canola oil plus oil for deep frying
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoons ginger root, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
2 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 packet spring roll pastry (24 pieces)
1 to 2 tablespoon all - purpose white flour
water to make a paste with flour
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add onion, ginger root, coriander, pepper and Garam Masala.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. Add green peas and cook until the mixture is dry. Add cilantro and stir.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon of flour with enough water to make a thin paste.
5. Roll out pastry on a floured board. Put 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture in the center of the pastry and fold over. Seal edges with a paste of flour and water.
6. Heat oil for deep frying and fry pastries until golden brown.
|Calories 152g||Protein 6g|
|Carbohydrates 14g||Fat 8g|
|Cholesterol 15mg||Sodium 83mg|
|Potassium 88mg||Phosphorus 56mg|
|Calcium 13mg||Fiber 0.5g|
For a lower fat version you can bake the Samosa on a greased baking sheet instead of frying.
Instead of beef try ground turkey or pork for variety.