Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1/2 cup
Carbohydrate Choices : 3
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1 vegetable, low potassium
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup red onion
1 cup orange bell pepper
1 cup green bell pepper
1 cup red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon hot curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Thinly slice red onion. Dice bell peppers.
2. Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, add the red onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Season onion with black pepper and curry powder and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Stir in the bell peppers and cook for 15 minutes, stirring several times.
5. Season with salt and turn off heat. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with flour tortillas or over rice.
|Calories 73g||Protein 1g|
|Carbohydrates 6g||Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||Sodium 92mg|
|Potassium 141mg||Phosphorus 20mg|
|Calcium 15mg||Fiber 1.3g|
One medium bell pepper yields approximately 1 cup. One medium onion yields approximately 1 cup.
Do you need more protein in your diet? Before serving, mix-in 3 scoops of protein powder or add your favorite protein food to make this a protein - fortified dish.