Portions : 4
Serving Size : 1 wedge or 1/4 recipe
Carbohydrate Choices : 2
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis, Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 meat , 2 starch , 1 fat
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a wire whisk or electric mixer.
3. Beat in flour, salt and nutmeg until blended (tiny lumps of flour left in the batter are okay).
4. Pour oil into a 9" ovenproof skillet or pie pan and place in preheated oven 5 minutes to heat oil.
5. Carefully pour batter in skillet and bake uncovered 18 to 20 minutes. (Avoid opening oven door until pancake is puffed up and crisp around the edges. Middle will be golden brown when cooked.)
6. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with pancake syrup or fruit spread.
|Calories 189g||Protein 8g|
|Carbohydrates 27g||Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 115mg||Sodium 206mg|
|Potassium 157mg||Phosphorus 135mg|
|Calcium 90mg||Fiber 0.9g|
Replace milk with a nondairy substitute such as unenriched rice milk or nondairy creamer. Phosphorus and potassium will be slightly lower.
For additional protein, add an extra egg white.