Portions : 10
Serving Size : 1/10th recipe
Carbohydrate Choices : 3
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis , Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1 starch , 4 fat , 1 high calorie
10 ounces of pound cake, prepared
12 ounces regular cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely grated
4 ounces brewed espresso
1. Using a serrated knife, cut pound cake into 10 equal slices and set aside.
2. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
3. Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Pour espresso into a shallow dish.
5. Dip both sides of 4 pieces of pound cake into the espresso, then place in bottom of 8" loaf pan. Break up pieces, if necessary, in order to coat bottom of pan.
6. Gently spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.
7. Refrigerate 2 hours, then cut into 10 pieces and serve.
|Calories 304g||Protein 4g|
|Carbohydrates 27g||Fat 20g|
|Cholesterol 72mg||Sodium 196mg|
|Potassium 118mg||Phosphorus 85mg|
|Calcium 36mg||Fiber 0.7g|
A 10-ounce prepared pound cake is the smaller size.
This is a low phosphorus version of traditional tiramisu.
To reduce carbohydrates and fat, use sugar substitute instead of sugar and replace regular cream cheese with low-fat cream cheese. You can also adjust to a smaller portion size.