Portions : 6
Serving Size : 1/2 cup
Carbohydrate Choices : 1
Diet Types : CKD Non - Dialysis , Dialysis, Diabetes
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food choices : 1/2 meat , 1 starch , 1/2 nondairy
2 large eggs
2 egg whites
1-1/2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
4 slices raisin bread
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. Spray an 8" round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until foamy. Beat in almond milk, honey, vanilla, and rum or rum extract.
4. Cut bread into cubes and stir into egg mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. To serve, spoon warm pudding into dessert dishes.
|Calories 304g||Protein 4g|
|Carbohydrates 27g||Fat 20g|
|Cholesterol 72mg||Sodium 196mg|
|Potassium 118mg||Phosphorus 85mg|
|Calcium 36mg||Fiber 0.7g|
Unenriched rice milk may be substituted for almond milk. Nutrition analysis includes almond milk. Always check ingredients on milk and milk substitute products and avoid those with phosphate additives.